Controlling Your Space With A Room Divider
Room dividers are a great way of controlling the layout of your home. The Japanese have been doing this for years with their Shoji screens. Their screens can be taken away to really open up a house in case of a special event like a party or funeral but thats not so popular here in the West.
The issues we have here are large homes with expansive open areas and in some cases two living areas. Here are five solid reasons why room dividers will help make your home more liveable.
5 Reasons To Get A Room Divider
- Reducing the amount of noise is a biggie when someone is watching TV in one room and one of the kids is practicing piano next door. You need to be able to shut off an area so sound doesn’t drive you mad.
- A room divider can add some privacy when required. If your using one open area as a home office then occasionally you may need to have private conversations with clients so a room divider solves this issue.
- In winter or summer the heat pump will be working hard to cover large areas if you keep everything open planned. A room divider will help you control each room and area to reduce your heating or cooling bills.
- A quality well design room divider that matches your decor can enhance your property very similar to a feature wall. There are lots of choices with materials and colours to match your existing home.
- Many of the room dividers don’t have a bottom track so you won’t have an annoying protuberance to trip over or a track that will catch any dust or dirt.
Like it has been mentioned there are many design options that can really enhance your property one example is reducing noise, controlling temperature but not restricting the amount of light spread through out the area. Some panels can be see through some can be opaque your choice.
Another thing to consider is whether the room divider is hidden in the wall cavity, expose or a bifold. So many things to consider but ultimately a room divider gives you the control of your internal space.
Call Leigh today for more information, a measure up and quote.