Custom Made Room Dividers and Sliding Doors
We recently installed various sliding doors and room dividers into a great property in Geelong. This was a brand new build with a view to die for. The main balcony looked over Geelong city right to the bay.
The installation included:
- A sliding door that divided the theatre room from the rest of the property.
- A bifold set of doors that hide a kitchenette in the second living area.
- Two large doors in the master bedroom covering an ensuite and walk in wardrobe.
- Walk in wardrobe doors (white) in one of the smaller bedrooms.
- The guest bedroom also had a sliding door to cover a walk in wardrobe.
- A huge white room divider in the rear man cave that closed off a music room.
- Single panel doors to a laundry storage area and butlers exit from the kitchen – these were made to fit inside the wall cavities.
As you can see by the video below a lot of wall space was covered as some of these sliding doors and room dividers were just under 3 metres in length.
Most of the home was designed and built by the owner and it was a huge, grand property with a man cave at the rear of the property.
The doors added to the existing decor and helped block out noise and control the room temperature especially in the theatre room.
The sliding doors that covered the walk in wardrobes are high quality and often better than wardrobe doors that you might get from a home builder. Our tracks and fixture are about the best you can buy.
The owner was extremely happy that the doors and room dividers matched the look of the home as if they were meant to be.
The image below shows an example of bifold doors that can easily hide the kitchenette when not in use.
If you are building a home our sliding doors and room dividers are a cost effective way of closing off areas or hiding services that you don’t want to see. From an interior design perspective it makes a room look uncluttered with clean lines and also breaks up a room design by becoming a feature.
If you want more information contact Leigh Robinson if you are in Melbourne, Geelong or the surf coast. More sliding door examples here.